Friday 21 December 2012

Top Ten TNA "Original" Wrestlers - Intro

Let's clear a few things up. First, I am a pretty diehard TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Wrestling fan. As a kid I was a staunch WCW fan and after it's takeover by WWF/E in 2001, I disconnected from the wrestling world.  It was due to a mixture of growing out of it due to adolescence and because my beloved Monday Nitro was no longer on air.
11 year old me's exact reaction

I actually didn't give a flying fudge about wrestling between around 2001 - 2004. It was a little company that screamed 'independent scene' and used a bizarre six sided ring. The high flying nature of the X-Division, the original match types (The Ultimate X match is one of favourites of all time) and the fantastic mixture of veterans and rookies completely captivated me. That company was TNA. What sealed the deal for me was that, like WCW, they were the only main competition to WWE.

 The internet retrospectively hates big time on WCW and a lot of hate/bashing has transferred over to TNA.

Pretty much the life of every TNA fan

I feel like I am in a good position to critically rank the top ten TNA original wrestlers. [Note - an "Original" is defined to me as someone who has A. Been there since the Asylum days. B. Have built their success in TNA and not another company. (Christian/Raven can't count) C.Have spent over five years in the company and have expressed loyalty to the company at one point or another]
I have been attending TNA shows in the UK for two years running now with my fellow Regulator Neil. The first one was a house show in Glasgow while the second was the Impact tapings in London. In 2013 we will return to London for another set of Impact tapings. I have even met Dixie Carter and got my ticket signed!

 
She was honored to finally meet me.

So anyway. I have rambled on for long enough, stay tuned for my countdown.

Also started writing two articles for the fine folks over at Wrestling News / Wrestling News World.
The first is Defending WCW and the second is another wrestling game review. 

Peace out chiefs and cheifettes.

KRS




No comments: